What you should know about Screwdriver
The sleeper puller
is a construction machine
used by workers working on the railway tracks, and which allows to screw and unscrew the large bolts that hold the sleepers on the train or tramway rails
. These large bolts are known as pullers.
This machine, which is placed on the rail, is composed of :
- of a solid yellow, mobile frame;
- an engine, running on gasoline, diesel or hydraulic system;
- an anti-vibration handle that allows the agent to guide the machine and move it on the rails;
- a system of reduction of the effort, for an easy use by only one railroader;
- a reverser, which allows to carry out in a blow of hand the reverse action (unscrewing/unbolting);
- a safety system for safe use by the worker.
The frame is attached to the two rails with handles, and the puller
is then pushed over it. The whole unit slides on the rails and swivels until it reaches the tappers. A special end piece allows the circular movement of screwing or unscrewing to be transmitted from vertical to horizontal.
We talk about Construction Equipment
on our blog section.