A trailer is a vehicle used to transport goods and objects and coupled to another vehicle, …read more
A trailer is a vehicle used to transport goods and objects and coupled to another vehicle, usually a car. The classic trailer is equipped with two wheels and a solid steel bar that allows it to be hung behind a car or utility vehicle, for example. This vehicle can be used for many professional activities, but also for leisure activities: transport of bicycles, luggage, tent material....
There are several types of trailers:
- The car trailer, which is a very widespread model, small in size, often reserved for personal use, to transport small objects.
- Semi-trailers, which are used on road trucks to transport large stocks of goods.
- The farm trailer, found on the back of tractors, which can be used to transport up to several tons of grain and other commodities.
- The bicycle trailer, with one or two wheels, capable of loading small luggage on outings, or moving and delivery boxes.
- Trailers for animals, especially horses.
- Some caravans may also be considered trailers when coupled to cars.