The sink unblocker is a mechanical device for unblocking a sink. There are various types of sink uncloggers:
- the suction cup that creates pressure by pumping it over the drain opening to break up the plugs in the siphon;
- the manual ferret which makes it possible to evacuate the plug by pushing the flexible hose into the pipe;
- the electric ferret which is often reserved for professionals;
- the professional air pump unblocker which is also used by a plumber unblocker;
- the rotating high pressure water unblocker which uses water pressure to unblock the pipes;
There are also other types of sink unblockers, such as chemical unblockers. These are chemicals that can be very corrosive and therefore dangerous to health and the environment. Biological drain openers, which are more environmentally friendly, are usually made with enzymes, but they have a longer action time compared to other types of drain openers.(1) We talk about Construction Equipment on our blog section.